Monday, January 12, 2015

Introducing the Challenge Design Team!

We'd like to thank everyone who responded to the STAMPlorations Challenge Design Team call we put out back in November.

In order to come to a fair decision, we asked applicants to create a project using the images we provided and submit a photo of their project with no personal watermarks. We then did a blind voting to come up with the final roster. None of us knew who made which project. After I had narrowed down the list to 17, I asked the current design team members to vote on their top picks. Their votes, David's (the other half of STAMPlorations) votes, and my votes were tallied.

I'm proud to reveal the 6 talented ladies joining STAMPlorations! They officially start their term as challenge design team members in February, and I'm excited to have them sharing their creativity and talents here on the STAMPlorations blog. So here they are. Please welcome each one of them and I hope you can stop by their blogs!



BECCA CRUGER
"Although I've been crafting ever since I discovered how to attach glitter to paper, I just recently started blogging. The amazing, supportive crafty community I've found on the web has been beyond inspiring! My cards are very eclectic - I love all things vintage and distressed, but also find immense happiness when I come across a great punny stamp set. My favorite way to create cards is by layering and incorporating mixed media. No matter what aesthetic I feel like working in, almost all of my designs will be saturated in color or filled with texture. STAMPlorations was one of the first challenges I ever participated in. I love the sketchy designs and the way you can mix and match stamps from different sets. The Sentiment Builders are the neatest thing since sliced bread! In "real life" I look for grants and scholarships for rural healthcare organizations and professionals across the nation. I love being able to help and encourage people, both through my work and creative life. I look forward to meeting new bloggy friends and joining the talented STAMPlorations team!"


JULIE BEECH
"Hi, I'm Julie, a retired Primary Teacher and craftaholic! My husband and I have recently moved down to the rural idyll that is Shropshire in England. He has finally taken partial retirement after I had to give up work due to ill health 8 years ago. To keep me sane when I couldn't do much else, I started to make cards and paint while he converted the barn we now live in; he even made me my own craft room. Craft of some sort has always been close to my heart since I was a little girl and I've tried lots of different things but most recently quilting and card making are my main focus. I started blogging in July 2013 mainly to keep a record of my makes as well as a platform to enter challenges as I am very competitive! I discovered STAMPlorations quite recently and fell in love with the flower stamps especially. Those with good memories will remember I had a GD spot for the December sketch challenge and I am also on a couple of other DTs. My style is quite pared down quite CAS but I do like diecuts as well as colouring stamped images in Copics and watercolours. I can't wait to get creative with you here at STAMPlorations."


LAURAJANE HEAD
After-Hours Ink & Flowers
"Hello, my name is LauraJane. I'm living the dream with my husband of 23 years in Illinois. We homeschool our 6 kiddos together. Art Therapy is my FAVORITE subject. Crafting is a huge part of my daily activities, with paper and ink being my medium choice since 2010. Trying out new techniques is so exciting! I'm looking forward to sharing my crafting adventures with STAMPloration fans!"



SARI AAVAMAKI
"I’m a Finnish mother of two lovely daughters (and “mommy” for a little bunny with big ears). I have been crafting about four years now and I'm absolutely loving it. I have no special style in my cards; I like to try different things and styles. Stamps, digi stamps, 3Ds and ready pictures; CAS, vintage, fun, scary – I like to do them all. Just can’t make my mind which is my fave, but I do know I’m happy when I'm crafting!"


TENIA NELSON
"Hello, my name is Tenia Nelson and I am a 30-something wife, momma, doggie momma, jazz pianist, music teacher, soccer player and paper crafter who lives in the 5280 (Denver, CO)! I am married to a wonderful guy named Tim, I am momma to my awesome son Thelonious (Theo) and I have two wonderful doggie "kids" Miles and Brillo. I love me some paper, inks, stamps and embellishments...and just LURVE to create! I have been making stuff since a little girl and will be doing it till well......FOREVER!"


WEI WEI WANG
Wei Wei's Cardmaking Garden
"Hi, my name is Wei Wei. I come from Taiwan (R.O.C.).It was my mom who got me into stamping when I was a 10 year-old girl, but I got totally hooked about one year ago. By day I am a social worker, and by night I am a cardmaking enthusiast. I love learning new techniques and I also enjoy to browse other talented and thoughtful crafters' blog. Because of cardmaking, I meet lots of good friends and my life is full of happiness!"

And I'd like to re-introduce one more talented cardmaker to round up the Challenge Design Team. She's been with STAMPlorations since the beginning and she's an invaluable part of STAMPlorations. She's one of my favorite cardmakers and a truly wonderful friend!

Nonni
NONNI NISKANEN
"I'm Nonni, a 30-something crafter from Finland. I've been making cards since planning my wedding invitations 2010... And have been blogging for about 2.5 years now. I enjoy making cards in various styles but Clean and Simple and Vintage are maybe my favorites at the moment. I love stamping and coloring in images with Copics. And I l also like to learn new techniques playing with embossing powders, inks, mists and such. Those who visit my blog often know I have an obsession with doilies, lace and pearls — I tend to put them on all my cards, vintage or not! In addition to STAMPlorations, I'm on the Inkspirational and One Layer Christmas Cards design teams. I also run my own challenge blog, TIME OUT Challenges, with my fab blogging buddy Sandie. I work full time, enjoy sports and playing with my Scnauzer puppy Rafa... And wish I'd have more hours in my days!"


Isn't that a fantastic lineup of talent? These ladies are going to rock our challenges! And later this week, we've got another announcement to make. As part of our commitment to bring you even more inspiration this year, we're introducing a brand new regular feature here on the blog :o)

Hope you're having an awesomely creative Monday!



25 comments:

  1. Yay, what a lineup! You're gonna love being part of STAMPlorations, girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a superb line-up of talent you have joining you, Shery! A-TEAM in every way!! Excited to see how they'll be sparking inspiration using your fabulous stamps..and the 'new feature' schedule for later this week? So intrigued!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great team. Some faces I know and some I am looking forward to know. Looking forward to being inspired. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous line up....can't wait to see their inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the new DT! I recognize Becca and Tenia and love their creative style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME new DT - Congrats to you all

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. These gals are fabulous! I am so happy to see some familiar faces and it will be fun to get to know the others. Congratulations to each of you - can't wait to see your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations ladies!! A great addition, all these ladies are super talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super impressive, talented and gorgeous bunch of Design Team members!!! So excited for each of them and for us - I can't wait to see what they will create!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to all the talented crafters!! Looking forward to seeing their inspiration cards at the challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are truly lovely and talented ladies! Congrats! I look forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lineup! Congrats, ladies. Congrats, Shery.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous DT - you obviously had the pick of the talent here, Shery! Very exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome all Ladies and wish a lot of fun with the "new Job" *smile

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a fantastic lineup! Congratulations, everyone! X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to the DT!! Looks like a great line up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to all! A talented and awesome DT's!

    ReplyDelete
  19. new here this month and have been inspired by this great team!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)